How can I improve my Google visibility?
Improving your search engine optimization (SEO)
Search engines take hundreds of factors into account in their search rankings. Follow these essential tips to increase your website's visibility:
- Choose a business name and domain name that include your top search keywords.
- Choose our Plus plan for automated SEO features or manually customize your SEO tags.
- Submit your site to Google (this happens automatically on the Plus plan).
- List your business in Google's My Business directory.
- Increase your website's authority by gaining backlinks.
- Show your originality and expertise by publishing targeted content on your blog.
- Promote your content on social media. Creating a Facebook page is a good start.
- Create a Yelp profile (be sure to link to your website, and add a great practitioner headshot).
- Encourage your clients to leave reviews on sites like Facebook, Yelp, and Google.
SEO is a long-term process. If you’ve just launched your website, it will take at least 10 weeks for Google to start fully incorporating it into search results. When you make changes to your site, expect it to take 6-8 weeks for Google to incorporate those changes.